Tragic Shooting Leaves Two Dead, Eight Injured at New Year’s Party in Downtown Los Angeles

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A tragic start to the New Year in Los Angeles as a shooting at a party in a downtown commercial neighborhood left two people dead and eight others wounded. The incident took place early New Year’s Day, with reports of gunfire prompting police to respond to the scene around 1 a.m.

Upon arrival, officers found a chaotic scene with a crowd fleeing the area and several injured individuals lying on the street and sidewalk. Tragically, a man and woman were pronounced dead at the scene, and eight others were reported wounded, with their conditions remaining unknown as of Monday evening.

The shooting is believed to have resulted from a dispute at the party, which was located in an industrial area surrounded by warehouses and commercial buildings. At this time, there is no information available about any suspects involved in the shooting.

In a separate incident, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department is investigating another shooting in the city of Hawthorne, where a woman was killed and four others were wounded. This brings the total number of shooting victims in the area to 13 in just one day, marking a tragic start to the new year for the community. So far, no arrests have been made in connection to the Hawthorne shooting, and there is no information available about potential suspects.

As authorities continue to investigate both incidents, the community mourns the loss of the victims and hopes for the recovery of those wounded in these senseless acts of violence. The tragedies serve as a reminder of the ongoing challenges around gun violence and the need for proactive measures to ensure the safety and well-being of all residents in the greater Los Angeles area.

In conclusion, the New Year in Los Angeles was marred by two separate shooting incidents, leaving two dead and eight others wounded in downtown Los Angeles, and a woman killed and four others wounded in Hawthorne. Authorities are actively investigating both incidents, but no arrests have been made, and no suspects have been identified at this time.